Followers

Monday, September 13, 2010

1/2 way there ;)

Time has gone by so fast - can't believe I'm already 1/2 way through already (If I'm lucky of course).

Last Thursday was a reeeeeeeeally good day. My doctor examined me and she seems to think that the tumour has definately shrunk (± 1.3cm roughly - it was measured at 3.35) and the tissue is much softer than what is was. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but my scan is on the 21st of this month  - it would really suck if I got my hopes up for nothing but positive we shall remain!! It certainly made a bunch of peoples day :)

Adding to the great news I had no bad reactions either (yay!!) The doctors were a bit concerned that they would have to move me over onto something but then realised that I might be reacting to the steroids and premeds instead of the chemo so they spaced the time periods out longer and vwalah!! no reactions :) All in all a good day.

No serious symptoms this week - just out of breath and a bit tired and for some reason my port is pinching big time. Always have to be careful with it - I have heard so many stories where the port has come loose and was found in the other lung or blood clots have caused harm to it.

For those of you who wonder what the 'daunting' chemo room looks like I snapped a super quick pic of how it looks.

No comments: