Followers

Friday, November 26, 2010

More Great News

For those of you who are unaware - I had my 2nd CT scan done last Tuesday. Results are positive - another reduction of 30%  :)  with my first CT scan I lost 42%...unfortunately these 2 percentages cannot be added together for a magnificent result that one can only dream of. In true fact I am about 52% in the clear instead. I wish I had a magic wand (or at least knew of somebody who owned one) to just make it all go away. How amazing would it be to hear the words 'You are in the clear!"

To sum up my overall measurement of my cancerous leisions it originally measured 165.4mm. It now measures 81.8mm :)

My doctors feel that I am doing really well on the treatment. They think I am coping amazingly well and might just put me on an extra 2 months of treatment just so I can get better results seen that I am responding so well. I hope and pray with all my heart that it works!! It really has become a weekly routine and it is extremely tedious but I am up for anything to make me feel better :) I seem to be part of the furniture now in the oncology department.

I am feeling an unusual symptom of tight chest/ weazing. Hoping it all goes away because it's making me suffer in the sleep department! 

I feel like I'm kind of getting away alot easier than what other patients are going through. About a month ago 2 new people started. The one girl I barely recognised because she dosn't have a hair on her head and the other lady is now in a wheel chair because her strength is so bad. I know my chemo is a bit milder than what the others have but wow - it's quite a reality check. I almost feel as if the severity of my cancer isn't real. Is it really that advanced?

I can't believe we are nearing the end of year already - where on earth has the year gone? could it be that 4 months of treatment have gone by so dam fast already?












1 comment:

Klara said...

I know it's been almost a week and that we have spoken on the phone already but I just wanted to tell you again how awesome this news is and how sure I am that good things will keep on happening.
Love you lots, Goose!