Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wow - it's been so long since I last posted!
My last chemo was a bit rough - it took me ages to get over it and then juuuuuust as I was about to human again I got sick :(
A beeeeg thank you to Gary, Aretha, Russel, Jacqui, Adrian , Warren and Johan for doing the Darling Half marathon. Yes I am greatful for the money you all raised but with all that aside it means so much that you guys all just ran for me and supporting Gary. I was so happy I could be there to support you all. I was horribly sick that night but was worth it. The support really is overwhelming and I still can't believe it at times. You really do discover true angels in this position.
Just 2 more chemos...I cringe just thinking about it. It's getting so bad that the colour red even makes me want to hurl -because the colour of the chemo is red (hence red devil).
My beloved friend Helen (who was diagnosed the exact same as me and very similar in age) and I are considering doing the Argus next year. After I am finished this treatment I am going to start looking for a bike and getting fit again. I owe it to myself and I defo want to get rid of all this excess weight that all the steroids and cortisone have caused. I feel like a representative of the Oros Man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes my dear! We are going to rock the Argus together! We will show the terrible "C" who's the stronger one! Helen